I love makeup far too much to feel obligated to any ONE company. While I’m sure most of us have a special place in our hearts for high-end cosmetic companies such as MAC, NARS and Makeup Forever… sometimes you want a little more bang for your buck! Surprisingly enough, most of the products I grab for my “everyday face” come from my local drugstore. For those of you who are just getting started with makeup, on a budget or just looking for some new products to try; starting with CVS, Walgreens or Rite-Aid may be your best bet. Check out MY top 5 drugstore beauty products!
(in no particular order)
1. L’Oreal True Match Pressed Powder ($8): I love the True Match line because there are a wide range of shades to choose from. Not only does this product have medium coverage, it keeps my oily skin in check without needing tons of touchups throughout the day.
2. Revlon Colorstay Foundation ($10): Most days I’m not a liquid foundation girl, but when I want to give my makeup that extra ‘umph’ this is what I reach for. This product comes in two formulations: one for normal/dry skin, and the other for oily/combination skin. I apply this medium to full coverage foundation with a stippling brush to get an airbrushed effect, and it blends like a dream!
3. Covergirl LashBlast Mascara ($7): When this mascara was released a couple of years ago, beauty enthusiasts everywhere went crazy! Fast forward to late 2012, and I’m still in love. I use this mascara every.single.day. Not only does it thicken my lashes, but it also lengthens them. I prefer the non-waterproof version because it’s easier to remove.
4. Prestige Brow Perfection Marbleized Brow Pencil ($5): For Glam-Aholics who enjoy a softer, natural brow this product is amazing. It’s a waxier pencil that will hold your brows in place all day and since I am totally AGAINST black eyebrow pencils, I am ecstatic that the darkest shade available is dark brown (lol)
5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks ($5): With the constant release of MAC Collections, the budgetnista in me can’t help but to wonder whether or not I can find a dupe…I am the QUEEN of dupes! More often than not I find lipsticks in shades extremely close to those released by some of the big name brands under the Revlon umbrella. For example, MAC Ruby Woo and Revlon Really Red = Same Color. The lipsticks are affordable, creamy, moisturizing, long-lasting, & there are a TON of shades!
6. Honorable Mention – NYX Cosmetics: NYX Cosmetics may not be found in your local CVS or Walgreens, but they have a host of products that can be found in your local beauty supply stores, online, and at Ulta (where the drugstore brands are located). They have everything from eye shadow primers to soft matte lip creams, and everything in between. The color payoff is amazing as well as the quality. They are constantly releasing new shades and new cutting edge products. I have yet to be disappointed!